Liquid Nails® Fast
Liquid Nails Fast is a water-based high strength (*) construction adhesive with fast grab and low odour. It has a thick, non-runny consistency and is ideal for adhering timbers and other porous construction materials. After drying it is beige (light tan) in colour.
Liquid Nails Fast has high initial (immediate) grab which reduces the need to support joins while the adhesive cures. The initial grab works best with porous surfaces.
It will bond to many building materials including MDF, particle board, timber, plaster board, styrene foam, masonry, concrete, tiles, ceramics, metals, plastics*, rubber and glass. Faster results are achieved when at least one surface is porous.
Liquid Nails Fast would typically be used for the following applications:
- Areas where nailing is not desirable
- Skirting boards, architraves, cornices
- Wall panelling to masonry
- Styrene foam to metal roofing
Product Code: 9300697110916
- Size & Pack Type: 95g tube
Product Code: 9300697110701
- Size & Pack Type: 420g cartridge (12 per outer)
Product Code: 9300697111869
- Size & Pack Type: 420g cartridge (20 per outer)
- Fast grab – high initial holding minimises slippage when adhering on vertical surfaces
- Meets or exceeds AS 2329-1999 (Mastic adhesives for fixing wall boards)
- Does not drip, sag or string between panels
- Bridges gaps and will adhere materials with uneven surfaces
- Low mess – excess and squeeze out is easily cleaned up with wet cloth
- No solvent fumes – ideal for large indoor jobs
- High flexibility – will withstand thermal movement and vibration
- High heat resistance – will not lose bonds exposed to sun
- Paintable when dry
- Easy to extrude at all temperatures
- Liquid Nails Fast should always be used in conjunction with permanent mechanical fasteners except in low stress applications such as wall panelling and fixing light weight objects. (Bonds may creep under constant heavy loads.)
- Bonds are not water resistant. Protect bonds from water penetration if used in exterior applications.
- In cold or damp weather and between non-porous materials drying time is greatly extended
- Thick applications take longer to dry than thin applications
Pre-test plastics to determine suitable bonding. Adheres well to UPVC. Not suitable for polyethylene and polypropylene. For wood flooring applications Liquid Nails (solvent based) is recommended. [Liquid Nails Fast is satisfactory for fixing sheet flooring (particleboard/ply) to joists in conjunction with the manufacturer’s minimum nailing specification but is not recommended for fixing sheet wood flooring to flat surfaces such as existing or concrete floors.
Technical Details and Performance
For porous substrates good bond strength is achieved after 24 hours and will continue to strengthen over 2-3 day period. Time for strong bond depends on nature and conditions of application. In cold or damp weather and between non-porous materials, drying time is greatly extended.
Indicative information only, not to be used for setting specifications.
Lump free, air-free smooth beige paste
Approx. 1.44g/mL @ 25oC
Typical 7000 – 9000 Poise
Shear Adhesion Strength (7 days) (AS2329)
Greater than 1500kPa (Hoop pine substrate)
Peel Adhesion Strength (7 days cure)
Typical 40N/25mm (wire gauze off hoop pine.(Variant to AS2329))
Initial Bond Strength AS2329-1999D (Tested after 24 hrs)
Bonds will resist temporary exposure to temperatures up to 140oC. Constant high temperatures will reduce constant load holding power (see below).
Creep resistance (under constant load)*2
Fully cured *1 bonds of 625 sq. mm will hold up to 500g loads (7.8kPa) in shear at constant 80oC
Fully cured *1 bonds of 625 sq.mm will hold up to 100kPa in shear at 25oC (equivalent to 6Kg load on 625 sq.mm bond area)
15 metres of a 5mm diameter bead
- 1mm thick bonds on porous substrates cured at least 7 days at temps above 25oC
- This data is provided as indicative only. Not to be used for design purposes. Thick bonds reduce constant load holding power and increase curing time. Larger bond areas increase curing time.
Liquid Nails Fast may be cleaned off with hot soapy water or a damp cloth while still wet. Dry adhesive is best removed by scraping or peeling.