Liquid Nails FlexiStik
A moisture curing, flexible polyurethane based adhesive suitable for bamboo, engineered and timber strip flooring.
- Flexible adhesive used for adhering timber flooring to concrete, partical board or Vapour Barrier Systems.
- Allows for natural movement of the timber
- Retains good peaks and easy to trowel
Product Code: 9300697123343
- Size & Pack Type: 10L
- Color: Brown
- Coverage: 14m2
Product Code: 9300697123336
- Size & Pack Type: 600mL Sausage
- Color: Brown
- Coverage: 0.85m2
- Meets Total VOC Limits required by Green Building Council of Australia IEQ – 13.2 (V3 2008) for wood flooring adhesives
- Easy to trowel
- Low odour
- Excellent bond strength
- Rapid cure
- Good wet grab and initial hold
- Low slump – thixotropic product
Suitable for use with Bamboo, Engineer and pre finished flooring.
- Requires atmospheric moisture to cure
- Must not be applied below 5°C
- Do not apply in greater thicknesses than that allowed by specified trowel (side movement and/or lifting may occur)
Selleys Technical Services should be consulted if any doubt exists in respect to floor contamination, or any concerns in relation to moisture
Should a self-levelling compound be required, consult manufacturer in relation to drying times and appropriate priming to adhere the compound to the substrate
To protect timber from concrete slab moisture use Liquid Nails VBS Vapour Barrier
Technical Details and Performance
For strip flooring, trowel onto substrates with the recommended notched trowel (5mm wide by 6mm high V notches at 25mm centres). For parquetry blocks a finer & closer notched trowel is required to avoid excess adhesive; e.g. a 2.4mm wide x 2.4mm high v-notches at 4.8 centre. (Consult “Product Application Information” sheet available from Selleys).
Indicative information only, not to be used for setting specifications.
1.4m2 per litre, dependent on application technique, substrate and porosity
Normally floors can be walked on after 24 hours. Full cure 7 days. @ 25C
Normally sanding can commence next day (24 hours).
Approximately 30 minutes once applied, depending on ambient conditions
170,000 CPS, @ 25°C, 50% R.H.
12 months in unopened container. Opened cans may skin on the surface and this may be cut off and remaining product used.
7.0Mpa lap shear
4 – 5mm v notched trowel.
Use of the appropriate trowel is essential. It ensures better coverage and provides better value.