D-MASTIC is an alkyl resin modified, oil based caulking compound. It forms a tack-free skin on the surface when exposed to air but remains soft underneath.
D-MASTIC is black in colour.
Finds greatest use as a sealant when installing/replacing gasket fixed type windscreens in cars, boats, trucks, buses and as a sealant for lap joins between metal panels in automotive and expanded foam sandwich panel assemblies. A general purpose mastic sealant for any exterior exposed joints subject to little or no movement for the exclusion of dust, draughts and rain.
Product Code: 9300697100023
- Size & Pack Type: 400g cartridge
- Color: Black
- Adheres well to most substrates including metal, glass, concrete, masonry and timber
- Forms a surface skin, preventing transfer by touch and dirt pick-up on exposed surfaces
- Paintable (after skin has formed)
- Easy clean-up off non-porous surfaces with mineral turpentine
- Convenient to use non-slumping from vertical joints and easily extrudable
- Long “open” time assists in the assembly of lap joints
- Not an elastomeric compound, it should not be used in joints subject to considerable dynamic movement
- Maximum service is achieved when used within joints, it is not recommended to be used as a “skim” coating over joints
- Not recommended for use in joints required to resist static air or water pressure
Technical Details and Performance
Indicative information only, not to be used for setting specifications.
Viscosity (Brookfield HAF 7/2@ 25oC, Poise)
10,000 – 20,000
Slump (MIL-S-8802, mm Maximum)
Tack Free Time (Hours, Maximum)
Specific Gravity @ 25oC
1.46 ± 0.05
Flash Point (oC)
Storage Life (25oC, month)
Joint Movement Capability
10oC to +70oC
Up to 10 years
Clean off tools, spills and squeeze out with cloth dampened in mineral turpentine, kerosene or white spirits
Selleys Light Speed Caulking Gun is a durable, innovative tool that is easy to use and leaves no mess. Selleys Light Speed Caulking Gun is ideal for professionals using caulking guns on a regular...